Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Oh Emma...

Last night Josh and I crept into Emma's room with a flash light to check on her. We had noticed for a couple of weeks that it seemed chilly in there and we thought it was because of the newly formed attic with a door in her room. After tucking and kissing her little cherub-like self, Josh shined the flash light down the heating vent on her floor. What did he find? Seven feet down there was a wad of clothes! We used a garden tool duct taped to a long pole to fish out of the vent a bathing suit, underwear, a sock, a stuffed bunny and a pair of tights! We could still see a silk scarf, bead neclace and several pastic toy forks and knives. Tonight we shall try to get them! So a word to the wise, if you have forced air heating vents, invest in wire screen!

4 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've pulled tons of stuff out of our vents and we have grates over them! Cleaning them out has been added to the monthly cleaning list around here. Aren't kids funny?!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Dawn Mattice said...

Good to know what I have to look forward to if I ever have kids. LOL
I will pray for your friend.
Thanks for the advice, but the roomate thing is a no go...I like time to myself way too much at this point in my life (must be why I'm not married yet)...besides, I had a hard time with roomates in college. LOL Love you too! :)

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny! We have forced air vents, too...just the other day, Caedmon put all 26 letters from a wooden alphabet puzzle down an upstairs vent that goes straight down to the basement...no easy way to retrieve them. I think Tim is planning on tracking down a long vacuum hose to do the job :).

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so Thats What you meant!tell The munchkins There Auntie Enna loves them

 

Post a Comment

<< Home