Thursday, January 11, 2007

January

I'm thankful that it is January. We really enjoyed the holidays, but I get tired after all those weeks and I start to crave routine and healthy eating. Today there is snow on the ground at last. I bundled the children up and we went out and built a snow man. Also I am making a huge pot of tomato sauce today. I love the smell of it. Does anyone else eat a bowl of homemade tomato sauce plain when it is almost ready but it isn't time for dinner yet? My mother in law got me a wonderful cook book called "more with less". We used it alot in Haiti and I am excited to get back to it. One of my goals this year is to eat more homemade, whole foods. We need to watch our cholesterol in this family. I love cooking and eating. I'm thankful to live where I can get groceries to make good food.

1 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom has had that cookbook for years and I love it. I really need to get it. (Healthy food is good for all of us, but I especially have to look out for high blood pressure around here, since it runs in Daniel's family...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home